Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Shrimp Alfredo!! yummy!

I tried this simple 5 ingredient recipe tonight for shrimp alfredo and it was a HUGE hit. Paul says we have to have this as a "regular" menu item, and I had to bring him more to his work tonight it was so yummy.

I didn't take any pics, It didn't sound that interesting, but me being the kinda gal that has only bought canned alfredo sauce I was hesitant that this would taste any good. I got it out of "The Everything Quick and Easy 30-Minute, 5-Ingredient Cookbook"

Shrimp Fettuccine ( I used Linguine)

1 16 oz pk of fettucine ( or whatever pasta)

3 Tblsp Olive oil

1 onion finely chopped (I used minced onion from seasoning cabinet about 1-2 tblsp)

1 pound raw med shrimp ( I am guessing you could use chicken too)

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp lemon pepper ( I used regular pepper)

1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream

1 cup grated parm cheese

Cook fettuccine or pasta according to package.

meanwhile heat olive oil in large saucepan, and add onion. Cook and stir for 4-5min until tender. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepperand add to saucepan; cook over med heat for 4-5 min, until shrimp curl and turn pink. Add cream and heat for 2 min.

When pasta is cooked al dente, drain well and stir into shrimp mixture, tissing gently to combine. Cook over med heat for 3-4 min until sauce is slightly thickened. Add cheese and stir gentlt to coat. Serve immediately.


post signature

No comments: